Claire Mademann, MS, RD, CSSD
Welcome to Nutrition on Track! I am a Registered Dietitian and Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics and am passionate about helping people on their journey to health. I received my undergraduate degree in Family and Consumer Sciences with an emphasis in Nutrition from the University of Mississippi. Next, I completed my Dietetic Internship at St. Louis University with an emphasis in nutrition and physical performance. I then obtained my Master's Degree in Sports Nutrition from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. My experiences working in clinical settings and dialysis led me to complete my Master's in Sport Nutrition so that I could better help people with the preventative side of nutrition and optimize their health, wellness, and sports nutrition goals. I enjoy working with people of all ages and at all stages of their health journey. My other professional experiences include long-term care, health coaching, weight management, and organic gardening. I enjoy being a part of the local food movement as well as helping those I work with develop a healthy relationship with food.
Clinical Experience and Community Involvement
- Serves as Health Coach at Healthy You for employees participating in worksite wellness programs.
- Served as Registered Dietitian at Peak Nutrition Clinic for weight loss/maintenance, disease management, older adults with clinical depression, gastroparesis, diabetes, heart health, wellness, and sports performance.
- Organized and taught “The Un-Diet Revolution: Impact of a Nutrition & Mindful Eating Intervention on Eating Behaviors Weight Loss” to clients seeking optimized health through nutrition.
- Planned and taught nutrition course at Pikes Peak Community College.
- Served as Renal Dietitian.
- Served as Registered Dietitian at NutriFormance full service fitness facility. I assisted athletes in achieving their performance and wellness goals. I also worked extensively with weight management clients.
- Volunteered at Ventucci Farms with planting and distribution of organic produce.
- Master's Degree in Sports Nutrition from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Developed strong working knowledge of sports nutrition and increasing athletic achievement through nutrition. Experiences with US Olympic Training Center gave me knowledge of nutrition requirements for elite athletes.
- Enhanced knowledge and skill set in local food and sustainability and provided education in this area to individuals and groups in the community.
- Dietetic Internship at St. Louis University
- Undergraduate Degree in Family and Consumer Sciences with an emphasis in Nutrition at University of Mississippi
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Southern Colorado Dietetics Association
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group